Monday 7 January 2013

Moved for now :)

First things first...i must apologise for not posting on here! I have been very busy since graduating in june and i failed to fill you all in on the exciting happenings and the, well, completing overwhelming events. To pretty much some up what has happened:

- I graduated with a first class
honours in my textile degree.

- I had my degree show


- I exhibited at the new designers show in London- Daunting but totally worth it


- I won a prize!!! A prize for the most commercial surface pattern design with Wilkinson (you know the big store)


(this was where the overwhelming feeling kicked in
)

-So i spent a while on cloud nine, often crying happy tears
, till i then realised. I totally deserve this, and i can do this!

- So since then i've been working mega hard. Making new patterns, and designing for the Wilkinson store itself!!!
(products should be on sale in July this year)

- I forgot to mention whilst this was going on
(as if it wasn't big enough to take in alone) I had a job offer as a children's designer for Mother care (which i sadly had to turn down- complicated, very complicated) BUT I didn't let this stop me in my tracks.

- I set up my own business as a freelance designer and as part of that joined a greetings card agency called paintbox, where, at Christmas I got my first sale!!!


- After the recent setback having to turn down practically my dream job i decided to give it a go myself. I have developed a children's range of my own which I have huge expectations for, and great belief that it will end up out there! (you will see most of this on my Facebook)


-Aswell as working on my Children's idea and pretty much dedicating my time to this I am also passionate to keep my surface pattern going. I have started a new range to co-ordinate and run alongside my children's range which fits into a/w 13/14 trend. RESULT!


- I have been featured on many blogs like business boom, trend bible and the print and pattern blog!!! This was just too much excitement and i'm still not over it. 


- I have had an interview with tiger print (OMG). i wasn't successful but it was a great learning curve for me and it's a truly wonderful place...maybe one day! 


- And finally at the moment i am working on putting my ideas into reality making prototypes of my children's products and I will be applying for 'one year on' at new designers this year. fingers crossed.


-Oh and i almost forgot- I've gone a written and illustrated a children's book using my illustration and surface pattern expertise and I LOVE IT. trying to get it published at the moment. 


So yeah- i've been busy- I'm still not over it.


And when i have a bad day, and things don't go right: I just think to myself I am so lucky. :) I mean come on- I've only just graduated.


There, summed it up very quickly for you! It's been a whole bigger roller coaster than it sounds!


but for future reference i actually came to tell you all that your more likely to keep up with what I'm doing by liking my design page on Facebook :) i pretty much use that as my blog now. Its easier!


You will find it here: http://www.facebook.com/nataliespencerdesign


Thankyou for listening!


phew, 


Nat xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment