First things first...i must apologise for not posting on here! I have been very busy since graduating in june and i failed to fill you all in on the exciting happenings and the, well, completing overwhelming events. To pretty much some up what has happened:
- I graduated with a first class honours in my textile degree.
- I had my degree show
- I exhibited at the new designers show in London- Daunting but totally worth it
- I won a prize!!! A prize for the most commercial surface pattern design with Wilkinson (you know the big store)
(this was where the overwhelming feeling kicked in)
-So i spent a while on cloud nine, often crying happy tears, till i then realised. I totally deserve this, and i can do this!
- So since then i've been working mega hard. Making new patterns, and designing for the Wilkinson store itself!!! (products should be on sale in July this year)
- I forgot to mention whilst this was going on (as if it wasn't big enough to take in alone) I had a job offer as a children's designer for Mother care (which i sadly had to turn down- complicated, very complicated) BUT I didn't let this stop me in my tracks.
- I set up my own business as a freelance designer and as part of that joined a greetings card agency called paintbox, where, at Christmas I got my first sale!!!
- After the recent setback having to turn down practically my dream job i decided to give it a go myself. I have developed a children's range of my own which I have huge expectations for, and great belief that it will end up out there! (you will see most of this on my Facebook)
-Aswell as working on my Children's idea and pretty much dedicating my time to this I am also passionate to keep my surface pattern going. I have started a new range to co-ordinate and run alongside my children's range which fits into a/w 13/14 trend. RESULT!
- I have been featured on many blogs like business boom, trend bible and the print and pattern blog!!! This was just too much excitement and i'm still not over it.
- I have had an interview with tiger print (OMG). i wasn't successful but it was a great learning curve for me and it's a truly wonderful place...maybe one day!
- And finally at the moment i am working on putting my ideas into reality making prototypes of my children's products and I will be applying for 'one year on' at new designers this year. fingers crossed.
-Oh and i almost forgot- I've gone a written and illustrated a children's book using my illustration and surface pattern expertise and I LOVE IT. trying to get it published at the moment.
So yeah- i've been busy- I'm still not over it.
And when i have a bad day, and things don't go right: I just think to myself I am so lucky. :) I mean come on- I've only just graduated.
There, summed it up very quickly for you! It's been a whole bigger roller coaster than it sounds!
but for future reference i actually came to tell you all that your more likely to keep up with what I'm doing by liking my design page on Facebook :) i pretty much use that as my blog now. Its easier!
You will find it here: http://www.facebook.com/nataliespencerdesign
Thankyou for listening!